Focus for 2017-2019
- Creating savings and efficiencies in existing processes
- Reviewing staffing levels
- Redesigning services
Savings & New Revenue
By 2016 the Non-Ministerial departments will have made savings of £1.4 million. Theses department are now jointly committed to making a further £1.5 million of recurring savings between 2017 and 2019 by:
- Introducing new policies and a review of Court and Case Costs.
- Reviewing both staff and non-staff expenditure.
- Greater control of legal fees in Court and Case costs and a review of vacancy management.
- Reduction of staff working hours.
- Reducing on-going maintenance of properties and equipment.
To support our key areas of focus we will be allocating a further £326,000 of growth between 2017 and 2019 to:
- Support the additional legal costs from the Freedom of Information (Jersey) Law 2011 and new EU Directions
- Install additional security in the Royal Court Building.
- Support the post of Cadet and Military Support Officer