Focus for 2017-2019
- Improving services and enhancing the transport system.
- Supporting the development of quality public space, office accommodation and housing.
- Preparing the island for a sustainable future in terms of climate change, water management and energy needs.
Savings & New Revenue
By 2016 the Environment Department will have made savings of £711,000. The department is now committed to making further recurring savings of £1.3 million from 2017 to 2019, including:
- Redesign work on rural economy and countryside
- Redesigning industry advice
- Reviewing and re-prioritising environmental grant payments
- Introduce online planning applications
- Reviewing Permitted Development, including work to listed buildings and places
- Exploring ways to combine similar services across the States