Focus for 2017-2019
- Maintaining public safety and high standards of front line services.
- Modernising the workforces, through investment in technology and premises.
- Developing more collaborative working and operating models between the different service areas.
Savings & New Revenue
By 2016 the Community and Constitutional Affairs Department will have made savings of £1.7 million. The department is now committed to making a further £3.1 million of recurring savings between 2017 and 2019 by:
- Redesigning services within the States of Jersey Police, the Jersey Fire and Rescue Services and Jersey Customs and Immigration Service
- Revising user pays charges
- Reducing full-time staff
To support our key areas of focus we will be allocating £179,000 of growth between 2017 and 2019 for:
- The Adult Safeguarding Board, and
- The additional costs from the new Police Headquarters and associated facilities
The Department will also be able to draw on earmarked funds of £1.65 million from 2017 provided for initiatives to support vulnerable children.