Focus for 2017-2019
- Radically changing the way that we use technology.
- Producing the long-term plan for Jersey including a sustainable migration policy.
- Supporting innovation and competition, especially within the areas of digital and financial services.
Savings & New Revenue
By 2016 the Chief Minister’s Department will have made savings of £1.6 million. The department is now committed to making £1.9 million of further recurring savings between 2017 and 2019 by:
- Reducing administration support
- Improving and restructuring the way the Human Resources team runs certain processes
- Improving and restructuring the way that Information Services team delivers its services
- Reducing staff cost in the Statistics Unit by merging with the Health Intelligence Unit
- Introducing user pays charges for Professional Care and Regulation
- Reducing staff costs in the Public Sector Reform team
To support our key areas of focus we will be allocating £224,000 of growth between 2017 and 2019 for:
- Support for Financial Services to implement McKinsey review recommendations
- Support for Information Services to maintain software and licences support